Intramural Basketball 2020-2021
UpdatedMonday November 2, 2020 byCYO Web Admin.
In hopes that Gov. Cuomo will allow indoor competitive basketball to resume play sometime soon or by January 2021, St. Rose CYO is planning a modified Intramural Basketball program for our athletes.
Please remember, we are hopeful that competitive basketball will be approved by NYS and that CYO can procure a facility to play, but there are no guarantees.
At this time, due to safety and many COVID restrictions that must be followed, CYO cannot offer a program to grades K-3. If the Massapequa Schools and/or St. Rose Gym becomes available, CYO will hopefully be able to offer a program to K-3 in the future.
The modified 2020-2021 Intramural Basketball program for grades 4 thru 12 is as follows:
- Program for girls includes 4th thru 8th grade (7th & 8th combined).
- Program for boys includes 4th thru 12th grade.
- Due to the extremely limited spots for each grade level, registration will only be open to Massapequa families with Zip codes 11758, 11762 & St. Rose School Students.
- Cost $140.00, once a week for eight weeks, no playoffs.
- Location will be at an offsite venue located in Massapequa if school gyms are not available to CYO.
- Teams will be auto-drafted.
- Registration Procedure (Wait List only):
- All registrants for this season will be placed on a Wait List (payment not required) in registration date/time order.
- After registration closes, CYO will send an email to all registrants notifying them that
- (1) they are guaranteed a slot if our program is approved to play; OR
- (2) they are on the Wait List and will be accepted to the program if an open slot becomes available.
- Program Status:
- If the CYO Intramural Basketball program is approved to play,
- (1) guaranteed registrants will receive an email to complete payment; AND
- (2) wait listed registrants will receive an email notifying them that their registration has been accepted (an open slot has become available) or has been denied (we have reached maximum capacity).
- If the CYO Intramural Basketball program is NOT approved to play, all registrants will be notified via email. No payment has been made, therefore no refunds needed.
*Refund Policy if the CYO Intramural Basketball is approved to play and the season is underway: Individual Player refunds will not be granted once the program begins. If due to unforeseen circumstances and the entire program needs to be cancelled, pro-rated refunds will be granted to all participants.
Registration will open Nov 2nd at 9am and will close Nov 10th.
No late registration at this time.